DIY MICRODERMABRASION9:01 AM
We all want glowing skin. I’d just rather not pay $110 to get it. So I tread where many other
cheapsters frugal ladies like me
have treaded before, and go the DIY route. What has got me gallivanting off
into DIY land this time? A little thing called microdermabrasion (aka a fancy exfoliation
facial). This recipe is not even a 1/16th
of the price and calls for things your likely already have in your kitchen. It certainly does make you feel a little pampered when professional
pampering is out of the question.
Without further ado, here’s the scoop on how to make your own exfoliating goop.
- Grab some baking soda and some water.
- Keeping a 3:1 ratio in mind (ex: 3 tablespoons baking soda and 1 tablespoon water), mix the baking soda and water into a toothpaste-like consistency.
- Avoiding your eye area, gently rub the paste onto your face in small circular motions for about 1-2 minutes. The goal is to buff, not scratch the heck out of your epidermis.
- Rinse the mixture off your face, being careful to avoid your eye area.
- Apply a rich moisturizer. Marvel at your super soft and glowy skin, but don’t debut your new look to the outside world without slathering on sunscreen first. Really.