Welcome, StumbleUpon visitor! I'd really appreciate a 'thumbs up' rating on StumbleUpon if you like this page. If you want to stay in the loop with blog updates, feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed or "follow" using Google Friend Connect! Thanks!
Want to change up your 'do? Look no further than this simple braided chignon....it's chic, looks pretty polished or unkempt, and most importantly - it's really easy. Here's how to get the look:
- Pick up one of these essentials - a hair donut- from your local beauty supply store. They make these in all sorts of colors and styles - the one below is a 3" round for blondies like myself. If you would rather go the budget route, you can cut the toe end off a clean tube sock and roll it up. Either way works.
- Start by parting your hair down the middle, and then braid some of the hair on the sides.
- Pull your hair back into a low ponytail, and secure with a hair tie.
- Pull your ponytail through the hole, and start bobbie pinning hair section by section around the donut. Don't worry about longer hair sticking out quite yet - you'll fix that at the end. Another way to go about this is to fan the hair around the donut and pull a hair tie over it.
- Once the donut is fully covered, take the longer hair pieces and twist them around the base of your chignon. Pin in place.
- Voila- a beautiful hairstyle in under 5 mins!
If you want a video tutorial, you can get the gist by tuning into this YouTube video. I am warning you though - the music is loud and terrible, so you will want to mute your comp if you are at work (or just because you don't want to subject your ears to that kind of abuse).