Loving Lately 9.16.13 (Houston, Texas Edition!)7:00 AM
Happy Monday, y'all...hope you all had a great weekend. John and I had a blast in Houston, where we gallivanted about town with my baby brother and his girlfriend. We found some real gems while we were there this time around, and I just had to share them with you all. Be warned: most are food joints because we are fat kids like that.
1. Houston Zoo // Elephants! Tigers! Foosa! Meerkats! Grizzlies! Albino alligator! Lions! Chimps! Giraffes! Perhaps it's because we went to the zoo as a family all the time when I was growing up, but I can't resist a date at the zoo. I just wish the animals could roam the entire length of Hermann Park....I feel bad that they are cooped up in those little pens all day. :( But, on the plus side, they seemed to be looked after really well.
2. Local Foods // So good! I loved the vibe of this place. I got the crunchy chicken sandwich on a fresh pretzel bun with kale and housemade chips, and John got the duck confit sandwich (tasted like Thanksgiving!) with the chips and orzo. We also shared the limeade, which was super tasty.
3. Natural 'Beachy' Waves // When we left our house on Saturday AM, I had blow-dried my hair straight. Cut to a few hours later, and I had waves galore compliments of the most insane humidity ever. Normally that kind of weather does a hideous number on my tresses, but it was working for me that day. Win!
4. Crave Cupcakes // From the sleek and modern marble and glass decor to the adorable cupcakes monogrammed with their signature vintage stand mixer, I loved this place. The coconut cupcake was my favorite. A definite must-visit when we go back next time!
5. Myth & Symbol // Probably one of my favorite boutiques in Houston, this gem is packed full of Rachel Comey, Ace & Jig, Odette, Alyson Fox prints and more. It's on the pricier side, but the clothes, accessories, home decor and shoes are well worth it if you are looking for a beautifully crafted investment piece. It's just a predicament when you can't narrow down what to get because you want every single piece in the store. Sigh.
6. Sweet Paris Creperie & Cafe // Smore's crepe strike your fancy? How about a lemon and sugar option? Classic banana and nutella float your boat? Or are you more of a dulce de leche with strawberries fan? Either way, this creperie serves up a ton of sweet and savory crepes in a really adorable Parisian-themed setting.